MSc and PhD by Research
At INFORMM, we offer prospective students postgraduate degree programs for MSc and PhD by research. Research at INFORMM is divided into three research clusters (Advanced Research Technologies, Diagnostic for Infectious Diseases, and Cancer Research). Prospective students are encouraged to directly contact our researchers to enquire about the availability of research projects based on your area of interest before application. Students can opt to carry out their research projects either full-time or part-time. For full details on entry requirements please visit the Institute of Post Graduate Studies' website at http://www.ips.usm.my.
All currently available postgraduate research projects are also listed in the Research Vacancies section.
Master of Science (Molecular Medicine) and Doctor of Philosophy
In our drive to achieve academic excellence, INFORMM strives to attract top quality graduates to enrol in its postgraduate programmes. The postgraduate programmes at INFORMM are research-based leading to MSc and PhD in Molecular Medicine.
Applicants should possess the following:
To enrol for MSc
- A BSc (Hons) in a related field with a CGPA of at least 3.0/4; MBBS/MD; DVM; DDM or equivalent degree from a recognised institution.
To enrol for PhD
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s (First Class Honours or CGPA >3.67/4) degree in a related area.
Language Requirement (International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language); or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System); or
- MUET minimum score Band 4; or
- The applicants native language is English or National language; or
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction; or
- English courses offered by British Council; or
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B; or
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities
- Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 6 semesters
- Part-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 12 semesters
- Full-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 10 semesters
- Part-time: Min 6 semesters / Max 15 semesters