We are looking for outstanding applicants in the area of biosensor research.
The candidate is expected to be familiar with:
- Biosensor design, functionalization and fabrication.
- Microsystem technology in biosensors either in micro-fluidics, wearables, and/or lab-on-chip technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To set up an independent research group focusing on biosensor research mainly for diagnostic applications
- Able to secure funding from international funding bodies
- To generate high-impact publications related to biosensor for diagnostic applications
- To supervise MSc and/or PhD students
- Experience in design of in vitro / in vivo diagnostic system would be an advantage.
- Applicants with strong experience and a proven track record in one or more of the above research areas are encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a proven research record and publications in relevant areas.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
CRITERIA/QUALIFICATIONS (ELIGIBLE CANDIDATE MUST FULFILL THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA)
- PhD or equivalent degree in the area of biosensor technology and/or diagnostics development;
- B.Sc Degree in Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences or Molecular Medicine or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry or Electrical and Electronics, Chemical Engineering, Physics or equivalent;
- Have a credit for Bahasa Melayu subject in the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM);
- Minimum 1 publication in Biosensor technology either electrochemical or photonics technology and;
- At least 2 years experience in research on biosensor technology as Principle Investigator or Co-researcher (optional).
- Independent thinker/learner/doer with the ability to create.
- Excellent organizational abilities as well as English verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, motivated, thoughtful, and with strong work ethics.
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn and apply new skills, procedures, and approaches.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit their curriculum vitae (CV) and relevant documents latest by 15th May 2018 to:
Institute For Research In Molecular Medicine (INFORMM)
Universiti Sains Malaysia
Email : email@example.com
Posted on 23 February 2018.