MSc and PhD by Research
At INFORMM, we offer prospective students postgraduate degree programs for MSc and PhD by research. Research at INFORMM is divided into three research clusters (Advanced Research Technologies, Diagnostic for Infectious Diseases, and Cancer Research). Prospective students are encouraged to directly contact our researchers to enquire about the availability of research projects based on your area of interest before application. Students can opt to carry out their research projects either full-time or part-time. For full details on entry requirements please visit the Institute of Post Graduate Studies' website at http://www.ips.usm.my.
Further information can be downloaded from INFORMM Brochure.
Master of Science (Molecular Medicine) and Doctor of Philosophy
In our drive to achieve academic excellence, INFORMM strives to attract top quality graduates to enrol in its postgraduate programmes. The postgraduate programmes at INFORMM are research-based leading to MSc and PhD in Molecular Medicine.
Applicants should possess the following:
To enrol for MSc
- A BSc (Hons) in a related field with a CGPA of at least 3.0/4; MBBS/MD; DVM; DDM or equivalent degree from a recognised institution.
To enrol for PhD
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s (First Class Honours or CGPA >3.67/4) degree in a related area.
Language Requirement (International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of TOEFL 550 (paper-based); or
- A minimum score of TOEFL 213 (computer-based); or
- A minimum score of TOEFL 80 (internet-based); or
- A minimum score of IELTS Band 6; or
- Official language of applicant's country is English; or
- Applicant graduated from an institution of higher learning where English is the language of instruction
- Passed Intensive English Programme offered by School of Languages, Literacies and Translation, USM, Level IV with a minimum grade of A-
- Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 6 semesters
- Part-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 12 semesters
- Full-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 10 semesters
- Part-time: Min 6 semesters / Max 15 semesters